Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Sled

Power Sled Push
The Sled is a blessing from above because the possibilities are endless. Its ability to enable us to put weight into motion means that it can be just as effective or even more effective than other leg workouts in helping us attain power and speed because it is strength specific. If there was one piece of fitness equipment I could take with me to every competition, it would be the sled.
What I love about the sled is its versatility. The options and combinations are endless. You can run and bound forward, backwards and sideways. You can use your hands to pull or push the sled forward, backward and sideways. With the right mindset and creative attitude, the sled is one of the best workout machines ever made. Here are some pictures of the possibilities with the sled.
Power Sled with harnessThe sprint
The image “http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oAge3DFk2Q0/SkMMvrCeE7I/AAAAAAAABb0/2mZ00m1_O34/s400/20062009(001).jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. The Push
The Back Pull
The Seated pull
Alysonbackwardsbelt_2 The Backwards Run
Duckwlk The Between the leg pulls


Leave me a comment and let me know what you think! or email me at 0a4w@virginia.edu

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i agree, the sled is very useful. I also enjoy doing it because it is a challenge!!!!

Y. Ayeni said...

I am happy you enjoy the sled as much as I do. It will help you out a lot.